Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Recycling in the Veggie Garden

I had an old and less-than-safe aluminum ladder laying around and a volunteer tomato plant sprouting. It seemed like a match made in heaven. I have no idea what variety the tomato is since it is a 'volunteer', but it's starting out to be incredibly productive. It's very likely somewhere down the lineage of an F1 hybrid variety that either I or one of my neighbors planted. I'm using sisal twine to tie the plant to the ladder, using the ladder rungs as support. If you scroll through the photos of the plant you can see just how vigorous the plant is. It's finally swallowed the ladder. I have know idea where I'm going to put the rest of the plant. I've got a feeling that it's going to swallow that corner of the yard!

Thanks for lookin'!










No comments:

Post a Comment